Where and When
The National Documentation Centre (EKT), the EIT Health hub in Greece, is organising a discussion and networking event "Hospitals & startups: Innovating in a real environment" for startups in the Health sector (Digital Health and Medical Technology) and Hospitals, on Friday 25th of June 2021 (12:00-14:30).
The event will be in the form of an extended panel with representatives of public and private hospitals, as well as representatives of the start-up ecosystem.
Honorary guest and keynote speaker of the event is Prof. Eyal Zimlichman, founder of the ARC Innovation Center, a world-class initiative of Israel's largest Hospital, Sheba. ARC actively promotes digital innovation and health research, supports startups and the innovation ecosystem in general, contributing significantly to the development of innovative products and services, promoting cutting-edge innovations and aspiring to transform the health sector. It is worth mentioning that Sheba was recently ranked as one of the "smartest" hospitals in the world, according to Newsweek Magazine.
Following Prof. Zimlichman keynote speech, there will be a discussion of the panel speakers. Startups will have the opportunity to ask questions about possible collaborations to test their solutions in a real environment that would enhance their maturation process.
The event targets:
- Startups in Health Sector (Digital Health and Medical Technology), and
- Health units, public and private hospitals involved in digital transformation and / or the procurement of new innovative technologies.
The event aims for:
- fostering dialogue and networking between startups and hospitals;
- raising awareness and building common understanding of opportunities, challenges and needs of both parties (hospitals and startups);
- raising awareness and mutual understanding of procedures and processes required for piloting testing (public and private hospitals) and promoting the dialogue for such tests;
The event is being held with the support of the Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre ARCHIMEDES of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. You can attend the event for free, but pre-registration is required here.